half moon :: indigo

Sometimes when I sit down to write here it’s with great anticipation of wanting to tell you something.  I’m sometimes able to connect the dots of how my work relates to my current life, or say something profound, but not today.  Sadly all I have to offer here is the simple realization that under the right circumstances, I consider indigo a neutral.  Deep, I know.  I feel like that double rainbow guy… what does it meeeeaaaan!!!  Really, any take-away message I can glean here is I don’t always know what I’m doing…  I don’t have the answers… and sometimes I too am simply trying to piece things together as best as I can.  I’m feeling very humbled these days in my role as mortal.

RosalynFebruary 20, 2013 - 4:44 am

Robin, I found you today and your words are so authentic and I loved all that you had to say as well as the process. I am finding my voice, my style and my passion for all things fiber and I miss having people to connect with that are inspiring and encouraging me in my growth…

Thank you, I will follow your writings as they inspire me to keep on keeping…as they say.

NatalyaFebruary 19, 2013 - 3:44 am

Looks like a neutral to me in this case! so lovely and deep…
and PS no one has the answers…

Kristin LFebruary 15, 2013 - 8:40 am

Indigo is a perfect neutral in this case. As Cindy says, it’s adding depth to the other more neutral neutrals. It’s also playing so nicely with your warm, orangey yellow colors as only a compliment can. I look forward to watching the progression of this and your development of lights/darks, blues/oranges, control/release, and all the other opposites at play right now.

robinFebruary 15, 2013 - 8:14 am

Thanks Cindy! If I could hit a “like” button I would!

CindyFebruary 15, 2013 - 4:25 am

I love the indigo! It gives a hint of depth and mystery that would be more difficult to achieve with just black and gray. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

Nina-MarieFebruary 15, 2013 - 12:47 am

for me Indigo is not a neutral – but I can see how you could move it right into that role – but if you think your blog isn’t too profound this week – my post is about how my new make over took too much time away from my quilting – LOL!!! I would like to invite you to link up with our Off the Wall Friday on my blog. Its art quilt driven and we find it inspiring and motivating.

robinFebruary 13, 2013 - 3:41 am

Hi Rebecca, of course it’s not technically a neutral… it’s just something that seems to fit my sensibility for this quilt in this context. You’re not confused! Thanks for checking in!

RebeccaFebruary 12, 2013 - 4:47 pm

Hi Robin

I think that it doesnt look like a neutral in the photo but maybe I misunderstand.
cheers Rebecca

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.